Private Psychiatric Assessments, Treatments And Medical Reports
We offer a wide range of private psychiatric assessments, treatments and medical report services. Learn more about the private mental health services offered by NHS Doctor Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin at Iam Psychiatry.
Mental Health Assessment (1 hour), Diagnosis, & Treatment Plan: £240 - £340
– Out-of-hours private assessment usually within a month is available after 7pm on weekdays for £240 or on Saturday for £290 after receiving your completed Pre-assessment form. If it is more urgent, you could be seen within a week on a Sunday for £340, subject to availability.
– Private Face to face, Online video (telemedicine), Telephone, or Email consultation with the Consultant Psychiatrist.
– Discussion of most likely Diagnosis if applicable and specialist treatment recommendations based on the holistic biopsychosocial model; please note a Medical Report (£190) to the GP can be prepared on request.
– Evidence-based mental health self-help leaflets provided after private consultation promoting effective psychosocial interventions.
£240 – £340
Adult ADHD Screening, Diagnostic Assessment (up to 3 hours) & 3 Months' Medical Treatment & Follow-up: £800 - £1150
– Initial ADHD Pre-screening to establish the suitability for the full assessment: school reports, completion of online ADHD screening, & Pre-assessment form.
– Face to face or Online video consultation including Adult Functioning Interview (AFI) & Diagnostic Interview for ADHD in Adults (DIVA-5) usually within 5 months.
– Out-of-hours private assessment within a month is also available on Saturday for £950 after receiving your completed Pre-assessment and screening forms. If it is more urgent, you could be seen within a week on a Sunday for £1150, subject to availability.
– Initiation & stabilisation of appropriate medication for Adult ADHD over three months, if needed.
– 3 x monthly private controlled drug (CD) prescriptions for stimulant medication; the medication will have to be paid for at a pharmacy.
– 2 x Medical Follow-ups (30 minutes) after three weeks and seven weeks on medication.
– Email support and advice throughout the recovery process and monitoring of pulse, blood pressure, and weight for 3 months.
– Adult ADHD non-medical management self-help leaflets focusing on effective psychosocial interventions.
– If your GP agrees to prescribe your Adult ADHD medication on the NHS after a private specialist assessment, we can provide a Comprehensive Medical Report (£190) and a Shared Care Agreement (£50) with your GP if needed.
£800 – £1150
Home Alcohol Detox
Home Alcohol Detox (medically-assisted withdrawal) for up to 10 days
– Completion of Pre-screening to establish your suitability: Mild to Moderate Alcohol Dependence only (up to a maximum of 30 units daily).
– Nominated Carer, e.g. family member or close friend, must be able to supervise your detox at home on a daily basis for up to 10 days under medical supervision.
– Face to face, Online video, or Telephone consultation (1 hour), Diagnosis, Treatment Plan & Contract, further Medical review, and an Aftercare plan for Relapse prevention.
– Home Alcohol Detox medications prescribed by Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin: you will need to locate your local pharmacy to dispense the private prescription at additional cost for your private medications. Otherwise, all the private detox medications can be delivered to your home by special delivery for an extra £200.
– Consultant Psychiatrist supervision, support, and advice provided throughout the detox treatment process: daily contact by phone or email if needed.
– Home Alcohol Detox is not appropriate if a previous home detox has failed, or if you have a history of seizures or severe physical or mental health problems: planned residential inpatient treatment would be recommended. Please contact us to discuss your treatment options today.
– Anti-craving medications such as Acamprosate or Naltrexone to support maintaining abstinence for twelve months could be prescribed privately after successful alcohol detox and normal blood tests (LFTs). Disulfiram (Antabuse) is also a treatment option though only in appropriate cases.
Hello! I’m Dr Iqbal
Consultant Psychiatrist | Psychotherapist | Director
General Adult & Addictions Psychiatry | Adult ADHD | Medical Cannabis
I quickly develop therapeutic relationships with my patients. I have diagnosed and safely treated hundreds of patients for common mental health problems such as Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Psychosis, Alcohol and Drug Dependence (medical detox), and Adult ADHD.
I am passionate about mental health and your safe and timely recovery.
Alcohol And Drug Misuse
Anxiety, Panic and Phobias
Clinical Diagnosis Issues
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
"I found IamPsychiatry on Google, and Dr Iqbal was recomended by my mother. I quickly felt at ease and came away knowing I could trust Dr Iqbal. I came away from my first appointment feeling more positive."
Ms O. F. – patient after her Mental health assessment for Severe Anxiety and Depression in 2016
"Dr Iqbal was very welcoming, made me feel at ease, and was easy to talk to."
Ms B. P. – patient after her Mental health assessment for Bipolar disorder in 2015
"Dr Iqbal was personable and easy to talk to. He came across like he really cared. He did his research and was prepared for the session and my questions. I would highly recommend the service."
Ms M. C. – patient after her Mental health assessment for diagnostic and medication advice in 2015
"You saved my life."
Ms L. B. – patient after her Mental health assessment and Follow-up consultation for Depression in 2008
"I first met Dr Iqbal at Cassiobury Court to complete an alcohol detox. Dr Iqbal is intelligent, empathetic, and kind. He provides first rate care and due consideration for the sensitivities of my condition."
Mr T. O. – patient after having successfully completed a medically-assisted withdrawal (detox) over 7 days for Severe Alcohol dependence in 2015
"Thank you very much for the service so far. K seems to be responding very well and I trust he will continue to make further progress. I really can't thank you enough for your help. It is so reassuring to know that you were there for us, and handled the whole thing in a very professional and understanding way."
Mr T. D. – patient’s father after his son successfully completed a 9 day residential medically assisted withdrawal (detox) for Severe Alcohol dependence in 2013
"I wanted to say thank you...I have a sense of being held through some painful and dark places. I could not have successfully travelled this journey without someone I could trust. Your kindness and compassion have given me the courage to find the person I have always been."
Ms K. H. – patient after long-term Psychotherapy for past trauma in 2011
"Thank you for seeing H. I found you very friendly and professional towards H's needs, and the fact that he has gained some trust in you in our first meeting goes a long way to show that you are a caring doctor. It has been nearly 10 years now and in that time H has had no trust in any doctors but despite this I was totally gobsmacked. I would very much recommend you to other clients. You have in one session given me something that no other person has been able to do in a long time and lift a burden from me as I have been the only person H has said that he trusts."
Mrs T. S. – patient’s wife after his Mental health assessment for Schizophrenia in 2010
"Brilliant service. No problems at all. Would highly recommend Dr Iqbal."
Mr S. G. – patient receiving long-term Psychotherapy and support for Emotionally unstable personality disorder in 2014
"I thank you for your recent Psychiatric report in relation to my client. Everything that you have said and done was invaluable to me and the Court when determining sentence. The report content was detailed and very, very helpful and indeed praised by the Judge in reaching his decision on sentence."
Mr S. S. – Solicitor after preparation of an independent Psychiatric report for the Court in 2009
"I found IamPsychiatry on Google. I felt very comfortable and I was able to open up easily. My overall experience of IamPsychiatry was excellent."
Ms C. K. – patient after her Diagnostic assessment in 2017
"The whole process from beginning to end was very professional, friendly and relaxed. Dr Iqbal is empathetic to his client's needs and offers sound advice."
Ms N. E. – patient after her Mental health assessment for Anxiety problems in 2018
"For the first time, I felt like I was heard by my psychiatrist. I arrived feeling hopeless and doubtful, and I left feeling more satisfied with the diagnosis. IamPsychiatry is a welcoming, professional, and excellent service. Brilliant value for money for the care I received."
Mrs T. T. – patient after her Diagnostic assessment in 2018
"Dr Iqbal was recommended by a friend whom he'd helped to get better. A very professional approach but one that put me at ease. I would highly recommend this specialist."
Ms T. R. – patient after her Psychotherapy consultation for Severe Depression and Anxiety in 2018
" I found IamPsychiatry on Google, and a NHS Primary Care Mental Health nurse recommended Dr Mohiuddin. I felt immediately at ease and comfortable in opening up. Dr Mohiuddin was extremely knowledgable of my conditions and explained anything in a clear and understandable way."
Ms N. U. – patient after her Mental heallth assessment for long-standing Anxiety and Depression in 2019
"I received a professional service which was excellent. Dr Iqbal is a competent psychiatrist."
Mr A. T. – patient after his Mental health assessment for long-standing Depression in 2018
"Pamela met me outside and made me feel welcome. I was introduced to Dr Iqbal and felt comfortable from the outset. A highly professional service combined with a compassionate approach. Thoroughly recommended. Thank you."
Ms B. I. – patient after her Mental health assessment for Depression and Alcohol dependence in 2018
"IamPsychiatry had a welcoming atmosphere. Dr Iqbal was very knowledgable and he had a positive attitude. My overall experience of IamPsychiatry was excellent."
Mr E. C. – patient after his Mental health assessment for long standing Anxiety, Panic, and Depression in 2018
"I found IamPsychiatry on Google. The doctor was very nice and helpful. I felt I was listened to. The doctor appeared to really want to help me. I felt like I wasn't rushed at all. I felt like, at last, my medications will be sorted out and I finally have the correct diagnosis. I felt very taken care of."
Mrs F. C. – patient after her Mental health assessment for past Alcohol dependence and undiagnosed Bipolar disorder in 2019
How Do I Get Started?
Contact Us Below
Use the contact form below to get in touch and let us know which of our private psychiatric services you are interested in.
Once you know the date of your first available session, make payment by one of our accepted payment methods to confirm the booking of the appointment.
Make sure you arrive early. Late attendance of greater than 15 minutes will be noted as non-attendance and the appointment will need to be re-booked. No refund will be issued.
Book An Appointment
Our private assessments are now available online to all private patients across the UK. Use the form below to send us details of your booking and required private psychiatric service. Or email us directly at email@example.com providing details of your required service, including your name, email and phone number.
For emergencies call 999 or visit your nearest hospital.