Fully Registered And Licensed Psychiatrist
I am fully registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) in the UK with a licence to practice since 1999, and on the GMC Specialist Register for General Psychiatry since 2013 (GMC number 4579557). I am fully indemnified by the Medical Protection Society (MPS) for private medical and psychiatric practice.
Background, Training, Skills, and Experience
I was born, bred and educated in London, and then graduated as a medical doctor from University College London (UCL) Medical School in 1999. Since 2000, I have trained and worked full-time as a psychiatrist in the NHS in Luton and Bedfordshire, and part-time since 2016. I have worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist for people of working age (General Adult Psychiatry) since 2008. I have also been successfully treating private patients since 2007, and I have a growing private practice.
Appreciating the mind-body link, I effectively use talking therapies and medication in combination for the safe and timely recovery of my patients. I have a special interest in Psychotherapy and I have trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Human Givens Therapy. I follow a biopsychosocial, holistic approach to mental health assessment, treatment, and recovery, and this seems to work well with my patients. I am fortunate and grateful to consistently receive positive feedback from my patients and their families, as well as my professional colleagues.
As well as having extensive experience in successfully treating mood, anxiety and psychotic disorders, I also have special interests in Addictions Psychiatry and Adult ADHD.
I contributed to this health article on alcohol published in the Daily Mail Online Health on 10th August 2017: “Are YOU drinking too much? Answer these 10 questions to find out: Experts reveal the classic warning signs you’ve become dependent on booze“.
I am experienced in preparing Independent Expert Psychiatric Reports for the Courts, Solicitors, Occupational Health departments, and private companies and clients.
I can speak and understand Bangla (Standard Bengali) with basic proficiency.
- BSc (Hons) – Bachelor of Neuroscience with Basic Medical Sciences, UCL, UK, 1995
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, UCL Medical School, UK, 1999
- Approved Doctor (AD) by the Secretary of State for Health under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983 (England & Wales) since 2004
- HGDip – Human Givens Therapy Diploma (Distinction), Human Givens College, UK, 2006
- GHGI – Graduate Member of the Human Givens Institute, UK, 2006
- DipCBT – Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Distinction), Open College, UK, 2008
- MRCPsych – Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK, 2009
- Approved Clinician (AC) status under the Mental Health Act 1983 (England & Wales) since 2009
- Personality Disorder Knowledge & Understanding Framework Awareness Level Certificate, Institute of Mental Health, UK, 2011
- PGCME – Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education, Cardiff University, UK, 2011
- FHEA – Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK, 2011
- CESR – Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration in General Psychiatry, GMC, UK, 2013
- Certificate in Clinical Psychopharmacology (Part 1) – BAP, UK, 2017
- Diagnosis and Assessment & Pharmacological Treatment of Adults with ADHD accreditation – UK Adult ADHD Network (UKAAN), Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN), King’s College London, UK, 2017
- Certificate in the Management of Drug Misuse, Royal College of GPs, UK, 2017
I Work With Private Patients, Voluntary Roles And Visiting Consultant Psychiatrist Roles
Visiting Consultant Psychiatrist Roles
Since 2013, I have been the visiting Consultant Psychiatrist for Cassiobury Court in Watford, Hertfordshire, a private residential treatment centre specialising in addictions and anxiety treatment, and holistic rehabilitation in the UK.
I am the visiting Consultant Psychiatrist for Druglink Oxygen Recovery, a private residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, providing a calm and welcoming environment for recovery.
I am a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, British Medical Association (BMA), British Neuro Psychiatric Association (BNPA), British Association for Psychopharmacology (BAP), Medical Council on Alcohol (MCA), and Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM).
I am recognised by PruHealth, CIGNA and Western Provident Association (WPA) as a healthcare provider.
I volunteer as the Consultant clinical supervisor for Reclaim Life in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, a charity providing five free life coaching sessions based on the simple and effective Human Givens approach. All life coaches are volunteers and receive training and supervision with my guidance and support.
" I found IamPsychiatry on Google, and a NHS Primary Care Mental Health nurse recommended Dr Mohiuddin. I felt immediately at ease and comfortable in opening up. Dr Mohiuddin was extremely knowledgable of my conditions and explained anything in a clear and understandable way."
Ms N. U. – patient after her Mental heallth assessment for long-standing Anxiety and Depression in 2019
"I thank you for your recent Psychiatric report in relation to my client. Everything that you have said and done was invaluable to me and the Court when determining sentence. The report content was detailed and very, very helpful and indeed praised by the Judge in reaching his decision on sentence."
Mr S. S. – Solicitor after preparation of an independent Psychiatric report for the Court in 2009
"I found IamPsychiatry on Google. The doctor was very nice and helpful. I felt I was listened to. The doctor appeared to really want to help me. I felt like I wasn't rushed at all. I felt like, at last, my medications will be sorted out and I finally have the correct diagnosis. I felt very taken care of."
Mrs F. C. – patient after her Mental health assessment for past Alcohol dependence and undiagnosed Bipolar disorder in 2019
How Do I Get Started?
Contact Us Below
Use the contact form below to get in touch and let us know which of our private psychiatric services you are interested in.
Once you know the date of your first available session, make payment by one of our accepted payment methods to confirm the booking of the appointment.
Make sure you arrive early. Late attendance of greater than 15 minutes will be noted as non-attendance and the appointment will need to be re-booked. No refund will be issued.
Ask about our online psychiatric services or book an appointment below. For emergencies call 999 or visit your nearest hospital